Skip to main content
Things You Can Do!
- Do a Google search of your name (use quotation marks around it to narrow results).
- Set up a Google Alert of your name to be notified of your web presence.
- Limit the information and photographs that you post on social networking sites like Facebook or microblogging sites like Twitter.
- Do not re-send photos or texts without permission.
- Use services like PayPal in order to reduce the amount of sites that retain your personal information.
- Be selective about the information that you post on social networking sites.
Web Resources on Managing Your Footprint